He was known as Gulshan Bawra. He was born on 12 April 1937 and he died on 7 August 2009. He was a famous Indian songwriter and actor in Hindi cinema. He sang over 240 songs. He did music with noted music directors like: Kalyanji Anandji, Shankar Jaikishan, and R D Burman composed songs like Khel Khel Mein (1975), Kasme Vaade (1976) and Satte Pe Satta (1982). He also composed songs like: Mere Desh Ki Dharti in Upkaar (1968), and Yaari Hai Imaan Mera, Zanjeer (1974). He got ‘Filmfare award’ for his work. He was born in Lahore, now a place known as Sheikhupura. His father got killed in Labh Chand Mehta's haveli, in front of their own eyes. The family then got shifted to Delhi after his brother got job. He completed his graduation from University of Delhi. He initially wanted to make his career in the Indian railways. He was posted in Kota. He initially got a break in the film Chandrasena (1959) in the song 'Main kya jaane kahan lage yeh saawan matwala re' sung by Lata Mangeshkar. He also composed songs like: Haqeeqat and Zulmi, Qurbani Rang Layegi, Tehqiqaat, Laat Saab, Maidan-E-Jung, Indrajeet and Chor Pe Mor. Check out this page for more updates on Gulshan Bawra.
- Dec 29, 1995 Le Pappiyan Jhappiyan as Lyricist from Haqeeqat (1995) - Hindi
- Dec 29, 1995 O Jaane Jaan as Lyricist from Haqeeqat (1995) - Hindi
- Oct 22, 1993 Meri Seeti Baj Gayee as Lyricist from Ek Hi Raasta (1993) - Hindi
- Jan 01, 1992 De Do De Do Mujhe Dil as Lyricist from Laat Saab (1992) - Hindi
- Jan 01, 1992 Ek Tu Hi Mera Sahara as Lyricist from Laat Saab (1992) - Hindi