He was born on 18 August 1934. He is an Indian poet, lyricist and film director. He has worked with directors like: R. D. Burman, Salil Chowdhury, Vishal Bhardwaj and A. R. Rahman. He has also directed Aandhi aur Mausam. He was given Padma Bhushan and Dadasaheb Phalke Award. He is also the recipient of Indian National Film Awards, Filmfare Awards, one Academy Award and one Grammy Award. He was born in Arora Sikh family. He was born to Makhan Singh Kalra and Sujan Kaur. His film work includes Salil Chowdhury (Anand (1971), Mere Apne (1971)), Madan Mohan (Mausam (1975)) and more recently with Vishal Bhardwaj (Maachis (1996), Omkara (2006), Kaminey (2009)), A. R. Rahman (Dil Se (1998), Guru (2007), Slumdog Millionaire (2008), cRaavan (2010)) and Bunty Aur Babli (2005) with Shankar Ahesan-Loy. He has also written several dialects like: Braj Bhasha, Khariboli, Haryanvi and Marwari. He has also written dialogues for Jungle Book, Alice in Wonderland, Hello Zindagi, Guchche and Potli Baba Ki with Vishal Bhardwaj. He has also directed movies too. He is married to the actress Rakhee, and they have a daughter Meghna. But, both of them got separated while she was one year. Check out this page for more updates on Gulzar.
- Jul 28, 2006 Laakad as Lyricist from Omkara (2006) - Hindi
- Jul 28, 2006 Omkara Re Omkara as Lyricist from Omkara (2006) - Hindi
- Jul 28, 2006 Naina Thag Lenge as Lyricist from Omkara (2006) - Hindi
- Jul 28, 2006 Beedi Jalaayile Jigar Se Piya as Lyricist from Omkara (2006) - Hindi
- Jul 28, 2006 Namak Isq Ka as Lyricist from Omkara (2006) - Hindi