He was born on 9 January 1934. He died on 27 September 2008. He was a playback singer. He sang more than 25000 songs in different languages. He sang many popular songs like: 'Chalo ek baar phir se Ajnabi ban jayen hum dono' (Gumrah), and 'Neele gagan ke tale' (Hamraaz). He also sang patriotic songs like: Mere Desh Ki Dharti' in Manoj Kumar's film Upkaar. Mahendra Kapoor was given the Padma Shri by the Government of India. He was born in Amritsar. But, then he got relocated to Mumbai. He was fascinated with Mohammad Rafi’s singing. Then he got trained from the singer like: Pt. Hussanlal, Pt. Jagannath Bua, Ustad Niaz Ahmed Khan, Ustad Abdul Rehman Khan and Pt.Tulsidas Sharma. He debuted as a playback singer with the film’ Navrang in 1958, singing Aadha Hai Chandrama Raat Aadhi, under the musical direction of C. Ramchandra. He sang many famous songs like: Dhool Ka Phool, Gumrah, Waqt, Hamraaz, Dhund) and for Manoj Kumar (Upkaar, Purab Aur Paschim). He was married and had three children. His son Rohan is a playback singer and was also an actor. Kapoor died due to cardiac arrest. Check out this page for more updates on Mahendra Kapoor.
- Nov 19, 1999 Dhoom Dhoom Luck Luck as Singer from Dillagi (1999) - Hindi
- Apr 05, 1997 Yeh Hai Shani Katha Re Mere Bhai as Singer from Suryaputra Shanidev (1997) - Hindi
- Feb 28, 1989 Aaj Main Bechain Hoon as Singer from Santosh (1989) - Hindi
- Feb 28, 1989 Tera Allah Beli as Singer from Santosh (1989) - Hindi
- Aug 12, 1988 Tera Karam Hi Teri Vijay Hai (Male) as Singer from Vijay (1988) - Hindi